To prevent dryer fires, read and follow the information and guidelines below:
- Clean commercial dryers regularly. They get a lot of use and will have a common venting system. It is extremely important to have the vent systems cleaned regularly
- Clean the filter screen after each load. This will keep the vent clear. When accumulated lint clogs the vent, the dryer can overheat and a fire could result
- Clothes dryers are a leading cause of fires in homes, hotels, motels and hospitals.
Stay home while the dryer is in use or turn off the dryer before leaving the house
- Twice a year you should clean the hose pipe that vents to the outside. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove accumulated lint and dust
- Vacuum the motor area if it's accessible, but you may have to remove a panel to get to it. The dust and lint in the vent pipe can ignite if it gets hot enough.