Street Maintenance

This division of the Public Works Department performs street maintenance and repairs including potholes, crack sealing, curbs and gutters, sunken roadway areas, and other problems that may be a hazard to pedestrians or drivers.

Current Street Maintenance Projects

To report an issue with the condition of a road, please call the Public Works office at 361.777.4601 from 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Please provide your name, address, contact number, and the location of the requested repair, and detailed information about the road and its condition. 

The City does cannot perform repairs to state highways. The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) owns and maintains most of Wildcat Drive, Moore Avenue, and Buddy Ganem Drive. Maintenance repairs for those highways should be reported to TxDOT at 361.808.2201.

Residents of San Patricio County (who are not Portland residents) should call the county at 361.643.4390 for road maintenance issues in their area.