To apply for new service, complete the Utility Application Form and the Service Agreement. The City of Portland must be able to verify residency with a copy of a lease agreement or a closing disclosure. For more information, call 361.777.4500. A fee of $160 (a residential deposit of $150 plus a new account fee of $10) is required to begin service using a standard 5/8” residential meter. Larger meters require different deposits.
- Payment of the deposit must be received before we can connect your services. The fee can be paid at the City of Portland - Utility Billing Department located in City Hall at 1900 Billy G. Webb Drive.
- It can take up to six weeks to receive your first bill. If you do not receive a bill, please call 361.777.4500. You are responsible for payment for the services.
- Water connections are scheduled between 3:00 and 5:00 p.m. If you need to change the date for service, you must contact us in advance at 361.777.4500 at least one business day in advance.
- The City of Portland bills every month. Please note the due date is on the 15th of every month. By ordinance, a late payment charge of 20% is assessed after the due date if payment is not received.
- The services billed are for water, sewer and solid waste. Fees are also included for drainage, EMS, and the Fire and Youth Safety fee. Applicable rates