Please read the information below regarding starting your new residential account:
- Commercial meters require different deposits depending on the size of the meter.
- Payment of the deposit must be received before we can connect your services at:
City of Portland
Utility Billing Department
1900 Billy G. Webb Dr.
Portland, TX 78374
Ph: (361) 777-4500
Fx: (361) 777-4501
- It can take up to six weeks to receive your first bill. If you do not receive a bill, please contact the office. You will be responsible for payment for the services.
- Water connections are scheduled for completion between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm. If you need to change the date for service, you must contact us in advance at (361) 777-4500 at least one business day in advance.
- The City of Portland bills every month. Please pay special attention to the due dates. By ordinance, a late payment charge of 20% is assessed after the due date if payment is not received
- The services billed for are water, sewer and solid waste. Fees are also included for drainage, EMS, and emergency services. View applicable rates.
Start New Service
To apply for new service, complete the Commercial Utility Application Form and the Service Agreement. For more information, go to the Utility Billing Department at the City of Portland website or call City Hall at (361) 777-4500.